Sunday, December 9, 2012

“Folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” - Abraham Lincoln

Unfortunately due to an extreme work schedule I was unable to attend the drawing class last Tuesday, but will definitely be attending this week. In the interim, I started drawing/doodling to work on the basics in the interim. Attached is a blurry picture of my first drawing (with the real picture attached in the top corner).


My focus of the week was to do some research and find a watch to be a staple of my wardrobe. Providing an elegant addition without it being overwhelming / being too bold. Sticking with my budget themed improvements, I did a research on "reputable" brands and styles that are generally accepted for dress watches. I almost fell off my chair when I started seeing the prices of "decent" watches ranging between $2,000-$5,000. I personally can't remotely justify spending that kind of money on a watch. I decided to buy Seiko, which is considered a high-end reliable watch, but doesn't have the name-brand (minus the "Grand Seiko" and a few others). I settled on a Seiko SGEE99 (pictured below) for $38 (retails at $215), and will probably attempt to find a vintage Omega Seamaster to add to my collection at a later date, as they are well respected by watch enthusiasts but have a reasonable price tag. I would like to change the band out on the Seiko I bought to a black, but truly enjoy the silver-face that seems elegant and not obnoxious. I was truly amazed how much of a sub-culture and following the watch community has!



Since the last post, I ran a 5k (Big Chill) which was a charity event to get toys for under privileged children. I have been working out consistently but have been slacking in the running department, but was happy to finish in just under 32 minutes (yea ... I know, that time sucks, but at least I got out there and ran it right?).


Other notable events include enjoying Santa Con hosted in Asbury, A fun trip to McSorley's (possibly the best bar in the world) for my brothers birthday, and a few concerts. I've been trying to say "Yes" to as many events as possible and just trying new things (not quite to the same extent as Jim Carrey) 






Ahh the fun of the "Waterfall" at McSorleys - 3 Beers. Alright so maybe neither of these are "Debonair", but as you can see I'm dressed for the occasion with the Ermenegildo Zegna Vest/Shirt. (Fedora got in the way of the beer mugs, and was removed lol)

I need to spend some time focusing on finding a good pair of dress shoes that wrap up the overall look.

No comments:

Post a Comment